Monday, August 24, 2009

Coupon Update

I was finally able to really coupon! I used 12 Post Brand cereal coupons that were buy 2 save $1. Albertsons had Post cereal marked down to $2.50/box. (reg $4.59...who does Albertsons think they are????) I had 12 doubler coupons. I bought 24 boxes and paid $38.00. I saved over $75!!! Awesome! I am so excited! I know my friends have gotten them for cheaper in the past, but these were the deals and coupons that were out! :) I was also able to buy 10 Michelina's Gourmet dinners. I had 3 more doublers and 2 buy 5 save $1. They were marked down to $10/10. So they came out to be $.60/each! We all eat these too!

Not to mention that the more I have been at Albertsons the more I can browse the "clearance" rack. I have been able to get 17 cans of diced tomatoes for $.70/can. 10 packets of McCormick Turkey gravy for $.50/each and today I got 6 jugs of Arm n' Hammer laundry detergent for $3.00/each. (reg $7+) .

This is a slow process. I have been doing this for about a month and a half. The deals did not start rolling in either. I also went out of town for a week and when I got back had 8 Sunday papers to clip. NOT COOL!

Couponing is like learning a new skill. It takes practice and patience. I am very happy that I have been able to save money and stock pile some things that we will use. I don't go around chasing deals. And I only buy what we will use. For any coupons I cannot use at Albertsons I use at Walmart. We have saved money there too! :)

In a shabby not super accurate total I think I have saved about...................

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*..............$225.00 in the few weeks I have been actually couponing! Not bad!

3 SAY WHAT??????????????????:

Tonya said...

rock on girlfriend!

Angie said...

That's awesome! It makes me want to do better - I got really excited about it when I first took a class last fall - my goal was to pay less in dollars than the # of items I bought - which I did almost every time I shopped. But then I got crazy busy and stopped...now that the kiddos are in school maybe...anyhoo, YOU GO GIRL!

Mark and Lachelle said...

I wish I had the patience...I really do! Until I can get the skills and patience for couponing, I guess I'll just continue paying full price for things :( booo.

Music to my Soul~


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graden's wrestling practice