Saturday, August 7, 2010

When?


When did it happen? I swear it was just yesterday that I was watching the girls at the play land in McDonald's wishing they were tall enough to reach the first landing themselves so I did not have to help them each time. Now today when we were back to school shopping, buying size 13.5 shoes it almost killed me.

Why is it that when you are "in" it, you cannot see it? But once it's past, it's clear. I am having trouble with the thought of them being gone at school all day. They are too young I tell myself. Too little, fragile. Jason said that we made it, survived going to 1st grade, all day, eating lunch, being a "big kid". I know they will too. They are sweet girls. Smart, kind, friendly. I know that the burden is on me.

I guess it's a good thing I am less than a block away. So I can pop in, just in case ;)

7 SAY WHAT??????????????????:

One mom said...

The do grow up too fast. They were (and still are) adorable. You are my hero. Any mom that can raise twins has my immediate respect.

Unknown said...

Oh, that almost made me cry. I know exactly how you feel. We just need to enjoy every minute we get to have them home. It all goes by too fast.

CB said...

That's why older people always tell you to "Enjoy your little kids while you can".
And even though they tell you that you can never know what they mean until they get older.
The picture is precious!!

Leah said...

Makes me so sad to think how fast they grow. I wish we could just have a look back in time once in a while because so many precious stages and memories are sadly forgotten.

Joleen said...

I love the picture!
Just wait till they get baptized...

Amy Blue said...

Our oldest is starting 1st grade too. I was emotional when he started kindergarten...I'm trying to prepare myself for the 1st grade, I know he is ready. It's me that is going to have a hard time. :)

Natalie said...

So precious. I remember when they were that small!

Music to my Soul~


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graden's wrestling practice