Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Sharing Time

This is my month for sharing time. I was worried about today though. It was ward conference and I knew we would have Stake Presidency there. I also knew my time would be short. We are teaching the children about the Atonement of Christ. How He died so we could return to our Heavenly Father. I wanted the kids to know the love Heavenly Father has for them. I asked them how we could measure that. How do you measure infinity?

I brought a Pyrex pie dish from home and a couple of cups sugar. I pointed out to them that sugar is teeny tiny crystals. Then I poured the sugar into the bowl and asked one of the teachers to start counting the sugar crystals. And what do you know? They could not count them. There were too many to count. I wanted the kids to have a visual about INFINITE LOVE. I thought it went really well. I hope so.

3 SAY WHAT??????????????????:

Joleen said...

The week we had Ward Conf. one of the Stake primary presidency decided to come to our class. I was freaking out!!!!! It actually went pretty well.
I like your idea for sharing time!!!

Leah said...

Love that idea, great for my next Fhe!

Cathy said...

Cool object lesson! I have to do sharing time next week - I'm totally stealing this!! I love the new program & outline. Really helps the children gain a personal understanding of the Savior. Super cool. Peace out.

Music to my Soul~


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graden's wrestling practice