Friday, January 7, 2011

Worthy News and some not so much-

I am not sure if you have been following the story of Ted Williams. It's a great one. He was pan-handling on the side of the freeway in Ohio when a video journalist read his sign and asked Williams to speak. To his astonishment the sign was right. "I have the God given gift of voice". When I was telling my mom about the story I said that if I were to ever hear the voice of God, I think this is what it would sound like. It's amazing, deep, rich and has a huge story behind it. I won't go all into it. You should google him and read for yourself.
The reason why I am posting this is because we all have had our down and out times. I don't think that most of us became addicted to crack and became homeless, but I know that I have struggled with depression for my entire life. I know that there are times when my lows are really low. That is why I am so thankful for a Father in Heaven who no matter how low we get, never leaves us alone. Ted was granted a second chance. The job offers are rolling in. He was reunited with his mother Julia after 10+ years of estrangement. She had some words for him. But the most touching part was that when they saw each other Ted called out "Mommy....Mommy". I think that no matter how old you are a child still needs their Mommy.
The Lord is forgiving.



In other not so news worthy news.....



This man gets scum bag of the year award. And we are still in January. 2011 is gonna be a long year for Mr. Edwards.




4 SAY WHAT??????????????????:

Anna Beal said...

Love your blog :) Keep it comin'!

bAiLeY said...

his voice is so amazing! i am so glad that he got a second chance!

CB said...

I saw this story. It is a good one.
John Edwards = YUCK!!

Tonya said...

wooza! I love the new "blog theme!" Who doesn't have dirty laundry and lots of crap on their floor anyway? I do and I don't even have kids! Anyway, you are seriously the most entertaining person I know. :P

Music to my Soul~


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graden's wrestling practice