Sunday, October 2, 2011

"Gooder than ever!!!"

I have never been the best about watching General Conference.  As a youth, it was a "free" card for me. No church.  :)  I was really looking forward to GC this month!  I was excited to hear President Monson, and find out where the new temples are going to be built!

As a mom, I find it difficult to get my kids to watch.  I don't blame them.  We struggle through Sacrament.  But I was determined this time!  Taylor was the only one who was really into it this time.  Nat sat in our front room and listened.  I can understand that.  I have a hard time sitting and watching.  But if I am in the kitchen or working on a project (such as de-cluttering my laundry room) I can hear EVERYTHING!  Bananas I know.  So Taylor got a pad of paper and drew a picture of each speaker, and wrote their names down.  Later she came into the laundry room and said Mom:  "I feel GOODER then ever!!!.....I have like this crazy feeling in my tummy!!!"

I mustered all the strength I had not to bawl in front of her!  But I was able to tell her that she was feeling the Spirit.  And that what she was feeling is amazing!  I was so proud of her.  I guess I will get my kids one by one!  :)

My friend Cherie over at BakowBabble posted the most wonderful quotes of GC.  I loved all of the same ones!  She did a great job!  

1 SAY WHAT??????????????????:

One mom said...

It is hard to get kids to stay still for any amount of time, let alone multiple two hour sessions! In fact, it is hard for me to not ever fall asleep and always pay attention (I had to fold laundry). I love What Taylor said! We also like to play conference bingo to help us pay attention. For the first time, Courtney understood enough and got really into it (well, she got really into the treat she earned), but it made it fun. Thanks for sharing Taylor's sweet story.

Music to my Soul~


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graden's wrestling practice