Thursday, September 29, 2011

Take a step back BOB ROSS!

We painted with none other than BOB ROSS for mutual this week.  He is the real deal Yo! This activity was right up my alley.  I love art, and painting, and don't do it often enough.  It soothes my soul.  Stacy brought 3 colors.  White, Gray and Black.  The purpose was to teach the girls that we know we are firm on things that are black and white in our lives.  Like:  Will I smoke?  It's a yes or no answer.  But what about:  Will I hang out with people that smoke?  Is that more Gray????  Maybe more for some than others.

So we followed along on a VHS tape and a 12 inch tv and painted our little hearts out!  The girls all complained that it was too hard!  Bob was going too fast!  Mine is ugly!! Look at hers!  It's way better!  Ugh!  I screwed up!!  I kept telling them that it is all about perspective.  Sometimes you have to walk away from something to see what it really is.

When I got home I posted some of these pictures on FB.  And what do you know?  They loved their pictures!  They were seeing them from afar and loved them!

Here is mine~





We are missing Claire.  She went and turned 16 on us and left for Laurels.  BOOO!

4 SAY WHAT??????????????????:

Guy and Mallory said...

cool activity! I had no idea we had such an artistic ward. Way to go, girls!

CB said...

I am super duper scooper impressed for sure!! Those paintings look sooooo good!!
What a neat activity that gives the girls something very good to think about!!
Awesome!

Heather said...

good work! looks like you are an awesome YW leader.

Leah said...

Bob Ross is the bomb!! I think all those pics turned out so so good, I'm really impressed! What a great idea for a mutual activity. I may have to borrow it!

Music to my Soul~


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graden's wrestling practice