Sunday, May 16, 2010

30th :(

If you know me, you know that my 30th birthday was something I was WAY jacked about! I just think it sounds cool. 30. Thirty. Like when I check and age box I can no longer check 25-29. I now have to check 30-34. Or I cannot say that I am in my 20's anymore. I can no longer apply to be on the Real World, or Road Rules. If I were not married I would no longer be a YOUNG single adult. I love it! I know it sounds crazy! I had a hard time with 25. Because that is half of 50. And yes, I am aware that 30 is HALF of 60, but I'm cool with it now!

So as you may know by now, Graden continued to get sick. So much in fact that he was admitted into St. Luke's Meridian Friday evening. Dehydration. MAJOR. Although he HATED almost every minute of it, he was such a trooper. I stayed the first 24 hours and Jason stayed the last 24 hours. Here are some crappy cell phone pictures to document our stay.


This is right when we got there. Barf bucket in hand. (Although he never needed it!) And I am aware he seems happy. I think that is how this all got out of hand. He would perk up and give me hope he was on the mend, only to crash again. This is a high moment. Another high moment was when they called for our transport to our room. It was my sweet cousin John! He was so kind to Graden. He said when he got the page and it said BLUE-PED his stomach dropped! I can imagine why!

Jason and Graden showing me how TOUGH they are! I love this picture!

I drew this for Graden while he was getting his IV.

Uh, now you can tell that Graden is not so happy. This is after the IV was given. He HATED that guard on his arm. But by the time we came home he would not take it off. Even after I forced him to, it took a good two hours for him to use that arm. What a weirdo!
He got that duck for being so good. We named him Quackers. He also got to use that cool rock and roll blanket. He got to take it home as well! Thank you Project Linus. Click HERE to check them out!

Graden and I are really mad at the FLU! He had not used the bathroom since we had been there. At 5 am Saturday morning the nurse realized that and said that if he did not go #1 he would have to have a Cath. Um....it is really hard to force a 3 year old to go potty when he does not want to. He finally got so mad and upset he started bawling, and tinkling, so I swooped him up and he could not stop! Whew....Cath averted! SUPER MOM!



I finally begged the nurses on Saturday morning for something other that ice chips for him. Mmmmmmm..... a banana Popsicle! He had a root beer one a little after this, then another root beer after that!

Delight!



REAL FOOD! He actually growled when he saw the plate of food. He devoured that banana, then an apple juice, then a turkey sandwhich! I could hear his tummy and made him stop. He never got sick though, so that is good!






Jason and Graden had a good time Sunday morning. They unhooked him from the drip so he was more mobile. They played in the community toy room, took a ride in a wagon, and found a window that over looked the helicopter lading pad.




I just want to thank my sweet friends that helped us! Candace for taking the girls Friday night, my mom for coming bright and early Saturday to watch the other kids so Jason could mow (12 hours! sheesh!), Tiffany for coming to see me on my birthday and bringing snow cones and toys for Graden, The Morris' and Browne's for Sunday dinner, Traci for my gift!



Did I have the 30th birthday that I wanted, no. But what better gift is there than to feel loved? To have prayers offered on the behalf of your sick child. Prayers that I know were answered! It was a birthday I'll never forget!











9 SAY WHAT??????????????????:

Laura said...

I'm so glad Graden is okay. What a trooper, sounds like he endured a lot for a little guy. So brave.

Happy 30th!

Leah said...

Happy 30th Birthday Alli!You can always celebrate your birthday next weekend right?! I'm so glad you guys are home now and that Graden is ok. He seriously looks so cute when he's supposed to be so sick. What a little stud. Can't believe he got dehydrated, scary stuff. You are a super mom for sure!!

One mom said...

Wow. What a memorable birthday. Happy Birthday (by the way). I am glad that Graden is okay. How frustrating, scary, and yucky. Thank goodness for modern medicine. I love your attitude about turning 30!

Mark and Lachelle said...

I'm so sorry that you had to spend your bday in the hospital :( Poor little Graden! Glad that he is a trooper and is feeling better now! Tell Graden he is a stud!
I give you permission to throw a huge 30th birthday party for yourself this weekend! Actually, go shopping too. I said so!

Unknown said...

1st of all, I think you're crazy to be lovin 30. I'm still not cool with 30 and now I'm 33. 2nd, Graden looks so sweet. It's so sad to see little ones in the hospital. I hope he's feeling better!!!

Claire said...

Funny when things don't work out like you had planned. Then you think about it and it was even better. So glad he is doing better and know that you are loved by me from a very far distance.

Synergy Girl said...

Okay, you need to give me lessons on how NOT to freak out about turning 30...I still have about a year and a half...and I have been freaking out since I turned 27...cause that's the age you "round up" to 30...!! Don't ask me...I know how weird I am, and can't seem to help it...

I can't believe your poor little guy had to be in the hospital! I have been pretty shocked in the amount of people I know who have had children admitted in the last month or two. If these aren't signs of the end nearing...I don't know what is!!

I am glad Graden is doing better, and that he is home now...!!

Heather said...

You go girl! Enbracin' 30 and all! You have such a good outlook on things, what an example you are.
So Glad to hear Graden is doing better! Sending hugs your way!

Melanie said...

30 is different... although for me it´s hard to "be" 30 because everyone here thinks I´m no older than 25...so the great thing is that when I´m 40 people will think I´m 30..haha...hope your boy is doing better!! Love ya girl!!

Music to my Soul~


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graden's wrestling practice