Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Are we there YET?????


It's funny how things work out. I have had dozens of people ask if we are going on Trek. {For those that don't know, Trek is like re-creating the Pioneer trek across the plains! Handcart, and authentic dress and all!!!} We were not asked and people are always so surprised.
The upcoming Trek is in July. Candace and Scott were asked to a Ma and Pa. They will have to care for 10 boys and girls ages 12-18. They will be their "Children". I was so JEALOUS! I have always wanted to go! Well, with Scott and Candace moving {WOMP} we were asked to take their place as the Ma and Pa! YAHHOOOOZA!
I cannot be more excited! Jason is even missing a wrestling camp for this! Talk about sacrifice! (scoff, scoff!)

We are all set! We will be trekking for John Christian Jensen and his wife Ansine Elisabeth Nielsen! I am so excited about it! I am sure this will be one of many posts!

6 SAY WHAT??????????????????:

CB said...

It is such an AMAZING experience!
While we are sad that The Brown's will not be there it will be SO FUN to have you and Jason there!
We'll have to crash dinner with your family one night!!

Tonya said...

oh my GOSH! How exciting! I need to know all the details, where you are going and everything! Hopefully it's the same place we went! But hopefully not for as long! I'm glad to hear you're excited, I was terrified when they asked us!! :) Anyway, there is a book you HAVE to read, I think it's called "fire and the covenant"--it's a novel, it will have you bawling! Especially about the family you guys are trekking for!

bAiLeY said...

i want you guys to be my ma and pa!!!

Leah said...

That's awesome! What an amazing experience. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Leah said...

PS...I bought this super cute owl shirt at Target and everytime I wear it I think of you!! ;)

Anna Beal said...

Brave girl! If someone asked me that question...my answer would be an obvious NOPE ;)

Music to my Soul~


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graden's wrestling practice