Friday, April 15, 2011

[441 Miles]


There are so many things I could blog about. The funny things my kids say, the haul I made at Goodwill, mowing season starting, warm weather, the temple in Meridian......

And yet my mind travels the 441 miles to Sacramento. Why there? Well, that is where MY Candace is moving in T-minus 8 days. That's right! You heard me!

Scott has been offered a job in sunny California. Something to do with Apples? My kids are confused! He is working for Apple Corporate. {You know....like iPhones Taylor said!}

She told me the week before spring break that Scott had applied, on a whim, for this job that he would probably NEVER get. That very instant I received a very firm confirmation that he was going to get that job. And I needed to prepare myself for her leaving. I am not sure if having more time would make it easier. This is one band aid that is going to hurt like hell whether it is ripped fast or slow.

I also decided that I would not let her see me sad. This was equally, if not harder for her. I knew that she would need my support, love and encouragement. She did not need my drama. And that if I was the BFF that I said I was, I would support her and not bring her down. That is easier said than done. But I have had help from Heavenly Father. I had my "ugly cry" in the shower last Saturday. {Like snot all over my face in the shower cry} Jason knew that I had bawled {I get "puffy face syndrome"}. I explained thru my tears that this IS me doing the BEST I can. No more tears after that. Don't cry for me Argentina. ;)

So she is moving. So I have a place to crash in Cali {That sounds funny coming from a normal person}. So she will probably lose some weight cause I won't bring her a 44oz Pepsi a few times a week. So I will have to accept that she is a little further away than a few blocks. So she will have to make some new friends. {None of which will compare to moi, but will hopefully make things easier for her}. So what. It is what it is :)


Scratch the BFF. We are BFE's. Best Friends Eternally.


Love you CanDance. xoxo

9 SAY WHAT??????????????????:

bAiLeY said...

I am soo sad they are moving! :(

Alli Blue said...

Me too.....

Candace said...

I hope you know I love you so much.

Synergy Girl said...

You are such a sweetheart...what a lucky friend Candace is...and I am sure she will do a fair share of crying on the phone with you for much needed help...and you are strong...I love it when you find friends that you know were sent here to be more...I've had it happen...not all sisters are born by family bonds...

Kirsten said...

uhm... whoever Synergy Girl is... she knows her "synergy" :)

Leah said...

I'm so sorry Alli. I've had so many friends move away from me that I'm so hesitant to even get to know anyone anymore. It'll be ok, you are strong. Hugs from afar!! Love ya!

Tonya said...

Can I be your new BFF? I drink Mountain Dew every day so you could bring me one....

CB said...

This is soooo hard. I went through this with Jenny and look she still flys in for weddings and things. BFE's never fail!!!

I was wondering how you both were doing with the whole thing!

Natalie said...

She is lucky to have a friend like you! Hugs from me!

Music to my Soul~


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graden's wrestling practice